Homeopath, North and West Vancouver
How Serious Illness Inspired My Own Healing Journey
A running theme throughout my life has been seeking transformation and healing for myself, as well as supporting others in their healing journeys. At the age of 30, I developed the excruciatingly painful, medically “incurable” conditional called Trigeminal Neuralgia and began a serious apprenticeship in the exploration of true healing – physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
As a patient, my therapies started conventionally with brain surgery and anti-convulsive drugs, but as the condition continued to deteriorate, I became an expert in exploring and studying alternative therapies. Eventually I found homeopathy, a medical system that stimulates our energy system and initiates holistic healing of physical, emotional and mental ailments, through the unique pairing with a potentially curative homeopathic remedy.
Homeopathy – The Key That Transformed My Health and Life
As I pursued my professional homeopathic training, ultimately I discovered the homeopathic remedy that initiated the healing of my physical suffering and inner transformational shift. While conventional medicine drugged the pain and the various healing modalities helped point me to a deeper understanding of myself, it was only homeopathy that finally initiated and enabled a true cure of an “incurable” physical condition with all of its mental and emotional baggage.
Now looking back, there are no regrets for those years of pain; they were a physical reflection of deeper pain and misunderstandings buried within myself I had yet to uncover and dissolve. With the gentle but profound influence of living a homeopathic journey, I have been pain-free for many years and continue to experience my life in ever more satisfying ways.
“It was a journey. Susan was the guide. It was perfect. The journey brought me to this point where all my “struggle” things started. I found the tool I was looking for and now I know how to use this tool.” —Alexander Tuchardt, Computer Programmer
My Passion: Supporting Your Fullest Potential
Over many years now, further trainings, tutelage and direct experience has helped me evolve an eclectic and effective practice. Supporting individuals in unearthing their unique potential, regaining health and discovering their own power to create the life and health they want, is the foundation of my work.
Professional Trainings and Qualifications
- Cranial Sacral Therapy Foundational and advanced trainings through the Upledger Institute (1998-2000)
- Homeopathic 4 year professional graduate degree from the Vancouver Academy of Homeopathy (2004),
- Homeopathic Master Clinician 3-year program (completed in 2007);
- Multiple advanced international homeopathic trainings (2002 to the present)
- Registered Present Child Translator, training completed in 2015; (en.presentchild.com), a therapeutic method developed and endorsed in The Netherlands. This method supports children in healing physical, emotional or behavioral issues by working with parents in understanding how their child’s issues are reflecting hidden imbalances parents have been perpetuating; when the message comes to light, both parent and child experience healing and new freedom in life.
- Registered member of the Canadian Society of Homeopaths (2003 to present);
- Registered Member of the Council for Homeopathic Certification (2004 to present);
- BA degree from Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH (1979)
“Susan helped me get rid of a chronic condition I thought I could never get rid of, having tried so many things in the past. Homeopathy worked – and showed me a different perspective of the human body’s amazing ability to heal. We had a very thorough consultation; the consultation time and money invested in my health was very much worth it. She changed my life back to normal – which I thought was impossible! Susan is a true star!” —Daniela Bartikova